Do you play tennis? Do you watch tennis? Have you ever had an email address with the word “tennis” in it? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then this article is for you!
Take a look at this list and we’re sure you’ll agree that these are the top 25 signs you must be a tennis player!
- You have more tennis clothes than regular clothes.
- Nothing can ruin your day quite like a double fault.
- No one will ever know you better than your long-time doubles partner.
- You have a lifetime membership to the USTA.
- Your bare feet will never not look like you’re wearing white socks.
- You subscribe to the Tennis Channel and actually enjoy watching it.
- There are loose tennis balls in your tennis bag, your car, and all over your home.
- There is no worse feeling in the world than double faulting…
- … And no better feeling than when your shot hits the top of the net and rolls over.
- Breaking a string is like a mini epiphany that you’re playing a strong game.
- You actually have a preference when it comes to court surfaces. Personally, I’m on team #hardcourt.
- The US Open is your version of the Oscars.
- Slamming your racquet on the ground is so wrong… yet it feels so right.
- There’s no better smell in the world than a fresh can of new tennis balls.
- Being in “the zone” on the court is the ultimate high.
- You’d rather spend your Friday night playing “Queen of the Court” than going out.
- There is nothing more annoying than playing against a “pusher”.
- You know the term “bagels” doesn’t refer to a breakfast item, but beating someone 6-0, 6-0.
- You’re a brand loyalist when it comes to what kind of racquet you use, and you’ll never change.
- You have a mini-anxiety attack just hearing the word tiebreaker.
- There is no greater pressure than the feeling during match point.
- You have at least one tennis-related superstition. One of mine is that I must bounce the ball exactly 2 times before I serve… every time.
- You know all the stats of the top 10 female and male tennis players on tour.
- Your dominant arm is noticeably bigger than your other arm. (C’mon… you know it is.)
- When your coach tells you to change your grip and it feels like your whole world and existence is falling apart.
And the bonus 26th sign is that you’re here, reading this article!
So, how many of these apply to you? Tell us in the comments below!